Service Changes: COVID-19
Due to Barnard's response to COVID-19, the Barnard Library and the Milstein Center for Teaching & Learning is closed indefinitely. This includes the Media Center and its Post-Production Lab and Production Studio, which will be closed for the remainder of the semester. Studio reservations are all suspended until further notice.
However, the Media Center is still very much here to foster community and learning for those interested in gaining media skills. Here are a few ways we plan to do so:
Help & Consultations
The Media Center team still aims to support Barnard faculty, students and staff in making their media projects come to life! If you'd like to set up time for a consultation with a staff member or just have a troubleshooting question, please contact us at email@example.com with a description of your project.
Remote Access to Adobe Programs
Although our Post-Production Lab is closed, Barnard and Columbia affiliates can now have remote access to the Adobe Creative Cloud.
To install on your home computer:
- Visit https://creativecloud.adobe.com and type in your Barnard email address.
- If you had already created an Adobe ID with your Barnard email address, you'll get a window asking whether you want to log into your personal account or your Company/School account. Choose "Company/School Account".
- You will be redirected to the regular Barnard login page. Log in with your Barnard UNI and password.
- From the Creative Cloud website, browse for and download your desired app. Click Apps on the top of the page to view all apps.
While some of our programming has been postponed, our workshops are going virtual! Sign up at bit.ly/imats-workshops for one of these workshops:
- Editing for Music Videos with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Introduction to Podcasting Part 1: Interviewing & Recording
- Introduction to Podcasting Part 2: Editing & Engineering with Adobe Audition
We'd also like to hear from you about the kind of programming you'd like to see! Please fill out this survey to let us know your thoughts and stay tuned for more programming updates.
Still have questions?
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to assist you.