Emerging Filmmaker Mentorship Program
The Media Center's Emerging Filmmaker Mentorship Program consists of workshops throughout the Spring semester that will focus on providing creative support to undergraduate Barnard filmmakers. At the end of the workshops, those who attended will officially apply to EFMP in order to obtain funding for their film and continue with one-on-one mentorship to support the production and post-production logistics of their projects.
The program is seeking ambitious, visionary students who have an idea for a film, and the drive to get it made. Our goal is to offer resources to populations traditionally marginalized in media production settings, including women, people of color, and those with financial limitations.
For any questions related to the program, e-mail email@example.com. Stay tuned for details about our workshops for Spring 2022.
Program resources include:
- Assistance with the creative process from pre-production to post-production
- Personalized mentorship through one-on-one meetings
- Five workshops on Screenwriting, Pre-Production Planning, Budgeting, and Storyboarding & Aesthetics throughout the semester
- Feedback on project progress and script drafts
- Logistical support with schedules, budgets, etc.
- Technical training on advanced production equipment and editing programs
- Funds as needed-- Each selected project will receive production funds.
Participants will exit the program with practical work skills in filmmaking and a completed short film that they can submit to film festivals, add to their reels, and apply to graduate film programs.
Applicants can apply as individuals or as small creative teams, and must meet the following requirements:
- Barnard undergraduate student
- Currently enrolled (Graduating seniors are eligible)
- Have a strong idea and/or a finished script for a short film that they're passionate about creating
- Have a need for support in order to realize their vision
- February 5, 2021: 30-minute Info Session
- February 12, 2021: Workshop 1 - Introduction to Short Films, Aesthetics, and Treatments
- February 26, 2021: Workshop 2 - Script Workshop
- March 19, 2021: Workshop 3 - Revision Workshop (Script to Screen)
- March 26, 2021: Workshop 4 - Creating a Lookbook
- April 2, 2021: Workshop 5 - Production books, budgets, and EMFP Application feedback
- April 13, 2021: Applications due at 5pm ET
- April 23, 2021: EFMP Grantees announced