The workshop series is powered by IMATS & The Media Center staff professionals. All members of the community are welcome and encouraged to attend. Sign up at bit.ly/imats-workshops!
Looking for something that isn't here? Want some one-on-one training? Need individualized project support? Email us at email@example.com.
Spring 2020: Music
Introduction to DSLR Cameras / Photo Basics
Friday, January 31 at 1pm in Milstein 105
Learn the basics of operating and shooting with DSLR cameras for photography and videography. This workshop is required in order to check out DSLR cameras from IMATS.
Skill-Building Series: Pre-Production for Music Videos
Friday, February 14 at 1pm in Milstein 105
This workshop reviews the basics of pre-production for music video projects, including conception, storyboarding, and playback on set. You'll even have learn how to pitch a concept for a song!
Audio Recording On Set
Friday, February 28 at 1pm in Milstein 105C
This hands-on workshop will review the in's and out's of recording audio on set for your next production. Audio equipment from IMATS and the Media Center studio will be provided as we go through commonly used set-ups and troubleshooting.
Editing for Music Videos in Adobe Premiere Pro
Friday, March 27 at 1pm in Milstein 105
The possibilities for editing music videos are endless! Attend this workshop to learn creative editing techniques and tips for editing your next music video project in Adobe Premiere Pro.
Introduction to Music Production
Friday, April 3 at 1pm in Milstein 105
Interested in producing your own original music but don't quite know where to start? Then make sure to attend this special introductory workshop, which will cover the basics of music production and audio engineering for beginners.
Introduction to Podcasting Part 1: Interviewing & Recording
Friday, April 17 at 1pm in Milstein 105
Our popular podcasting workshop is back in two parts this spring! Part 1 will cover how to structure and record your very own podcast with professional audio equipment.
Introduction to Podcasting Part 2: Editing & Engineering
Friday, May 1 at 1pm in Milstein 105
Our popular podcasting workshop is back in two parts this spring! Part 2 will cover how to edit and engineer your recorded podcast audio in Adobe Audition.
- Skill-Building Series: Documentary Pre-Production - September 20
- Introduction to DSLR Cameras / Photo Basics - October 4
- Introduction to Adobe Premiere Pro - October 18
- Sound Recording & Editing for Podcasters - November 1
- Lighting for Interviews Workshop - November 15
- Introduction to Audio Recording & Engineering - December 6
- DSLR Training Workshop - February 1
- Skill-Building Series: Storyboarding & Visualization for Filmmakers - February 8
Stop-Motion Animation Workshop with Visiting Artist Jodie Mack - February 22
Skill-Building Series: Basic Lighting for Video - March 8
Sound Design for Animation with Adobe Audition - March 29
Adventures in Web Design: The Portfolio - April 5
DSLR Training Workshop - April 12
Skill-Building Series: Creating Animated Titles - April 26
- Skill Building Series: Pre-Production - September 21
- Intro to Photoshop - September 28
- Intro to DSLR Cameras / Photo Basics - October 5
- Intro to iMovie - October 12
- Intro to Adobe Premiere Pro - October 26
- Skill-Building Series: Advanced Lighting Techniques - November 2
- Sound Recording & Editing for Podcasters - November 16
- Skill-Building Series: Post-Production Color Grading - November 30
- Adventures in Web Design- December 7