The workshop series is powered by IMATS & The Media Center staff professionals. All members of the community are welcome and encouraged to attend. Sign up here! All Spring 2021 workshops will include equipment, which will be mailed to your residence by our team.
Looking for something that isn't here? Want some one-on-one training? Need individualized project support? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, January 29 - Streaming Set-up & Design 1:00 - 2:30pm
Curious about how a successful stream comes together? Join Post-Bacc Eva Johnson for an interactive workshop on designing and producing livestream content! Learn skills and resources to put together a beautiful, coherent look & sound for any type of stream, as well as tips that will help you find and stay engaged with your desired audience. Plus, sign up before January 22nd to receive a streaming equipment kit to use for the workshop and your own streams! Includes: clip ring light, webcam, USB microphone & USB hub.
Friday, Feb. 19th - Podcasting 1:00 - 2:30pm
Join the Media Center for a workshop on how to write, record, edit, and publish your very own podcast from home. Attendees who sign up in advance will receive a USB microphone to create a professional sounding podcast from their own computer.
Friday, March 12th - Micro-Productions 1:00 - 2:30pm
Have you always wanted to make a short film or a video art piece using nothing but your cell phone? Join the Media Center for this workshop on how to use the tools you already have to create cinematic images that you can edit together to create a masterpiece. Sign up in advance to receive a smart phone tripod and lens kit to boost the quality of your image capturing!
Friday, April 9th - Digital Collage w/ the Design Center 1:00 - 2:30pm
Join the Media Center and the Design Center for this co-hosted workshop on the art and craft of digital collage. Participants will learn how to use both live materials and digital images to create new and exciting compositions and works of art.
- DIY Documentary Post-Production: 1pm-2:30pm 9/25/2020
- Micro-Podcasting: 1pm-2:30pm 10/9/2020
- Story and Structure for Short Films: 1pm-2:30pm 10/23/2020
- DIY Stopmotion Animation: 1pm-2:30pm 11/6/2020
- Theatre Direction Over Zoom: 1pm-2:30pm 11/20/2020
- Introduction to DSLR Cameras / Photo Basics - January 31
- Skill-Building Series: Pre-Production for Music Videos - February 14
- Audio Recording On Set - February 28
- Editing for Music Videos in Adobe Premiere Pro - March 27 (Virtual)
- Introduction to Podcasting - April 3 (Virtual)
- Pre-Production for Documentary Working Groups - April 22 (Virtual)
- Introduction to Stop Motion Animation with the Design Center - April 22 (Virtual)
- Skill-Building Series: Documentary Pre-Production - September 20
- Introduction to DSLR Cameras / Photo Basics - October 4
- Introduction to Adobe Premiere Pro - October 18
- Sound Recording & Editing for Podcasters - November 1
- Lighting for Interviews Workshop - November 15
- Introduction to Audio Recording & Engineering - December 6
- DSLR Training Workshop - February 1
- Skill-Building Series: Storyboarding & Visualization for Filmmakers - February 8
Stop-Motion Animation Workshop with Visiting Artist Jodie Mack - February 22
Skill-Building Series: Basic Lighting for Video - March 8
Sound Design for Animation with Adobe Audition - March 29
Adventures in Web Design: The Portfolio - April 5
DSLR Training Workshop - April 12
Skill-Building Series: Creating Animated Titles - April 26
- Skill Building Series: Pre-Production - September 21
- Intro to Photoshop - September 28
- Intro to DSLR Cameras / Photo Basics - October 5
- Intro to iMovie - October 12
- Intro to Adobe Premiere Pro - October 26
- Skill-Building Series: Advanced Lighting Techniques - November 2
- Sound Recording & Editing for Podcasters - November 16
- Skill-Building Series: Post-Production Color Grading - November 30
- Adventures in Web Design- December 7